Wrong Site Surgical Errors
When visiting a surgeon, we trust they will provide the best care possible and conduct a successful surgery. Sadly, surgical errors occur far too often, with one of the most serious being wrong site surgery. Whether caused by incorrect communication between medical professionals or failing to perform pre-surgery requirements properly, wrong site surgery can be life changing for individuals.
Consequences of Wrong Site Surgery
Any kind of surgery should be performed meticulously and safely. When this is not the case, wrong site surgery can occur. Some of the negative consequences of wrong site surgery include:
- Doctor performs surgery to an unaffected part of the body
- Doctor performs surgery on the wrong side of an affected area
- Failing to treat a serious medical condition, leading to worsening of issues
- Financial expenses associated with additional surgical procedures
- Prolonged recovery time
- Emotional and physical trauma
- Lost wages from being out of work
When wrong site surgery occurs, the negligent medical professional responsible can often be required to pay financial restitution to the victim. At Chris Mayo Law Firm, our San Antonio wrong site surgery attorneys are committed to holding these careless medical professionals accountable for their actions.
Contact a San Antonio Wrong Site Surgery Attorney
If you or a loved one experienced a wrong site surgery, the San Antonio legal team at Chris Mayo Law Firm has the legal experience necessary to help you build an aggressive case to fight for the compensation you deserve. Call our offices today at (210) 999-9999 to learn more.