San Antonio Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Experience Handling Motorcycle Accident Cases
If you have suffered a serious injury or lost a loved one due to a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries or the loss you have suffered. The Chris Mayo Law Firm has experience handling motorcycle accident cases for people just like you. We can work with you to fight against reckless drivers and deal with insurance companies so you don't get unfairly blamed for your accident. Being a motorcyclist does not automatically put you at fault for an accident!
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Often times an accident could have been avoided if another person or party had behaved responsibly. There is a wide range of factors that can contribute to a motorcycle accident. While not all are grounds for a personal injury lawsuit, you may have a claim for compensation if your accident was caused by:
- Drunk drivers – Drunk drivers are usually liable for injuries, but sometimes other parties like the establishment where the person consumed too much alcohol may also be responsible. If an establishment over-serves the drunk driver or let them leave the establishment and operate their vehicle, they could be implicated.
- Driver error – Driver error is one of the most common causes of accidents on the roadways. This includes careless mistakes people make while driving like texting and driving, speeding, running stop signs or lights, driving while fatigued, and failing to obey the rules of the road.
- Vehicle defects – Vehicle defects occur when there is a malfunction of some kind. Negligent car manufacturers may be legally held accountable for brake malfunction, tire defects, design flaws, and other issues.
- Roadway defects – Because of the less stable nature of motorcycles, road hazards pose a higher threat to bikes than other vehicles. Potholes, uneven lanes, gravel on the pavement, debris, and other irregularities in the road impose a greater threat to the motorcyclist’s safety. Public entities, such as the state, have a responsibility to prevent the problem.
Individual drivers are most often at fault in motorcycle accidents, but there are also others who may be liable for the crash such as bars, construction companies failing to indicate uneven pavement or the improper installation of brakes by a car manufacturer.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Because a motorcyclist has minimal protection in the event of an accident, the types of injuries that commonly result are severe. Catastrophic injuries are expensive and require intensive medical treatment, ongoing care, and time off work or school.
Common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Road rash, lacerations, and other soft tissue damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Orthopedic injuries
- Organ damage
- Joint injuries
With the help of an experienced attorney, you may be able to recover needed compensation and hold reckless or negligent drivers accountable. If you've been seriously injured in an accident, contact our legal team and arrange a free, initial case evaluation today!
Motorcycle Accident Statistics in Texas
The Texas Department of Transportation reported that in Texas alone 499 motorcyclists (including both operators and passengers) were killed in 2017. Out of those fatalities, fifty-one percent (51%) of those killed were no wearing helmets.
These statistics are staggering, and serve to remind us of the friends, family members, and neighbors that may fall victim to a motorcycle accident each year. Driving a motorcycle is a high-risk activity because drivers simply don't see motorcyclists and often misjudge their distance and speed. Be safe, drive defensively, and wear a helmet!
At the Chris Mayo Law Firm, our clients are more than just a statistic on a state report. We care about you and your family and we firmly believe that you deserve justice if you are suffering a motorcycle crash injury in San Antonio.
Why Hire a Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
Motorcycles accidents almost always include serious injuries like broken bones, paralysis, traumatic brain injuries, and wrongful death, which can make these types of claims complex. If your motorcycle crash was caused by someone’s negligent actions, you are entitled to compensation for any physical and emotional trauma you have experienced. Often, an insurance company will offer a settlement, but the compensation is typically significantly less than what you are entitled.
At Chris Mayo Law Firm, we can help ensure that you will not be financially exploited. You need an expert to help guide you through the legal process to determine what is in your best interest, what you should accept, and when you should fight. We believe that you should not have to pay for someone else’s mistake, and we are here to help you stand up to the insurance companies to get the financial compensation you deserve.
The Chris Mayo Law Firm Will Fight For You
Motorcycle accidents can leave you traumatized and stuck with the immediate financial consequences including medical bills and lost wages. We understand what our clients face and that it’s often too much to handle alone. We are dedicated to fighting for the justice they deserve so that they can begin the road to recovery.
Why Choose Our Law Firm?
- Millions of dollars recovered in verdicts and settlements
- Nationally recognized legal representation
- A personalized approach and 24/7 availability
- Free, initial case evaluations offered to all prospective clients
What sets us apart is that we will fight until the end and we refuse to settle for anything less than what you deserve. We will not leave money on the table, and we will get the best offer we can, even if that means taking your case to trial. Our strong track record of success and reputation has earned us our clients’ trust.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident in San Antonio, Texas, please contact the motorcycle accident attorneys at the Chris Mayo Law Firm today for a free consultation.
Chat live, fill out our email form, or call (210) 899-5440 to get started on your claim today!
- Motorcycle Accidents Caused by Lane Splitting - Oftentimes, motorcyclists are blamed for accidents involving lane splitting. However, there are several factors that can help determine where the fault should actually be placed.
Chris Mayo Law Firm was on top of my case from the very beginning, they took care of everything for me.- Julia A.
Mr. Mayo is a solid professional and is amazing in the courtroom!- Laurie L.
If I ever need help or support again, I know I can always talk to Chris Mayo.- Eric T.
Very happy with the Chris Mayo Firm!- Anne Marie T.
Chris Mayo did a great job with my case.- Richard G.
We're always available for YOU to ensure you receive the care you deserve.
Willing to Fight to the Bitter End
We are committed to fighting for the best possible outcome in your case and are willing to go to trial to prove it.
Chris Mayo was born and raised in San Antonio and has deep roots within the community. He continues to call San Antonio his home
Nationally Recognized & Trustworthy
Chris Mayo is a member of the American Bar Association, American Association for Justice, and Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
Professional & Honest
We put our clients first in everything we do and your case will be no different. Our clients often describe us as professional, honest, and helpful.
When you choose to work with our firm, you are not just a case number or a file to be passed around. We treat every client with the highest level of respect and compassion.