San Antonio Social Security Disability Attorney
Reliable Legal Guidance for All Aspects of Your SSD Claim
When an accident prevents you from being able to work, the next logical step is to apply for Social Security Disability (SSD). Unfortunately, the acceptance rate is dismally low. We can help. At the Chris Mayo Law Firm, our San Antonio Social Security Disability attorney has been protecting the citizens of Bexar County against wrongful denials for over two decades.
Chris Mayo Law Firm has helped hundreds of people receive the benefits they need to keep their livelihood. We are Texas-grown, San Antonio-raised attorneys. We’re not just helping our clients; we’re helping our neighbors and friends. When you apply for SSD benefits, you deserve to have excellent legal assistance.
If you or a loved one are applying for Social Security benefits or have been denied, call the Chris Mayo Law Firm at (210) 899-5440 or contact us online for a free, confidential consultation to begin your journey.
What Is the Difference between SSDI & SSI?
While both the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) programs provide financial support for individuals suffering from disabilities, the eligibility requirements for these programs vary considerably. SSDI eligibility is generally dependent on the disabled individual’s prior work experience, with certain exceptions, while SSI eligibility is typically tied to an individual’s financial status, as it is intended to provide support for low-income individuals and families who also have disabilities.
How to Tell If You Need an SSD Attorney
Preparing to go through the legal process to apply for social security disabilities can be daunting. There are undoubtedly plenty of questions that you will have. The first question that needs to be answered is if you need a San Antonio social security disability lawyer.
Some reasons you may wish to work with the Chris Mayo Law Firm include:
- Working with an attorney can help ensure that you meet deadlines and submit all of the required paperwork. Failure to do so could result in a stalled result or an outright rejection. Our firm can help you prevent this because we know what it takes to win disability benefits for deserving citizens.
- The government has been known to deny many people their needed financial support based on frivolous issues, like a single missed doctor’s note. Having a lawyer assist you through this process can substantially increase your chance of getting the financial help you and your family need.
- Applying for SSD benefits comes with mountains of paperwork. As your professional legal guide through this process, we can take care of all the paperwork, phone calls, and legal negotiations. There is no fee for your initial consultation; call us today!
Why Should You Hire the Chris Mayo Law Firm?
When it comes to financial support for you and your family, you need to work with someone you can trust. As a respected member of the San Antonio community, Attorney Chris Mayo is a committed to service and success. He understands that the right lawyer could be the difference between having your claim confirmed or denied. Chris never gives up on your case. He and our entire legal team want to make sure that you are offered the benefits you deserve.
5 / 5 stars
Would definitely recommend them to anyone and everyone. Chris Mayo cares about his clients and
is very professional. I am totally satisfied!”
As a member of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association and the American Bar Association, Chris understands how the law works and how it shifts, depending on the current political and social climate. Negotiating your benefits package with the government can be frustrating, but our full-time job is negotiating with the government on your behalf. We handle all of the muddy business so that you can live the life you need to recover and take care of your family. We don’t quit your case until you’re satisfied with the results.
Types of SSD Claims & Issues We Handle
With so many various programs and differing stages of paperwork checkpoints, the process of applying for Social Security Disability is painfully complicated. At the Chris Mayo Law Firm, we are committed to streamlining the steps towards getting the benefits you need.
We are well-equipped to help you with all of the following issues:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSD/SSDI): SSD and SSDI programs are crucial financial support programs for those disabled by injury and illness, although getting the benefits can be difficult.
- SSD Claim Filing: Finding out which program you qualify for can be complicated enough. Afterward, the rigorous and in-depth application process can be overwhelming.
- SSD Claim Appeals: There are many reasons Social Security Disability claims can be denied. Resolving these issues requires skilled help.
- SSD/Injury Representation: The Social Security Administration requires a demonstration of impairment in order to be qualified for benefits. A skilled attorney can alleviate this difficulty.
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA): Maintaining your rights under ERISA requires some vague legal hurdles. Taking legal action can only increase your odds.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): The SSI program is vital to helping disabled Americans support their families when they are injured. Having an attorney evaluate your circumstances can optimize the best benefits for you and your family.
- Long-Term Disability Benefits: Getting much needed long-term benefits can take months or longer depending on the type of application. Getting legal assistance can make sure that this long process doesn’t end in a denial.
- Short-Term Disability Benefits: Most people don’t realize that minor injuries can qualify them for short-term benefits while they recover. Legal assistance can determine the best course of action moving forward.
How Long Will Your Claim Take?
We understand that you need to get financial support for your family as soon as possible. We know it’s a time-sensitive situation when bills pile up while you have a family to feed. Getting legal assistance will help you answer your most pressing questions along the way.
There is no surefire way to estimate the length of time for any individual claim. The time can vary depending on a whole host of factors. Any claim investigations or negotiations, unfortunately, pad the time to benefits. To get a more accurate picture of the road map moving forward, bringing your entire case to an attorney is the best way to judge how long the process will take.
The Facts: Social Security Disability Benefits
The Social Security Disability government website lists a chart of the total beneficiaries between the years 1999 and 2010. A disturbing downward trend is present when comparing those awarded benefits to those denied.
Having experienced legal guidance can drastically increase your chances of getting much-needed benefits for you and your family. If you have already been denied benefits or are thinking of applying for the first time, the first step should be hiring an attorney. Getting disability benefits shouldn’t be more difficult than the recovery process.
Filing or appealing an SSD claim might seem impossible, but the legal team at the Chris Mayo Law Firm is dedicated and ready to aggressively defend your rights to financial assistance. We have the experience and the knowledge to see claims through to their end. Reach out to our experienced San Antonio SSD attorney to discuss your legal options. Don’t let the application and filing process disrupt your livelihood and hinder your recovery; instead, place your trust in our dedicated team.
Call (210) 899-5440 for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation today.
Chris Mayo Law Firm was on top of my case from the very beginning, they took care of everything for me.- Julia A.
Mr. Mayo is a solid professional and is amazing in the courtroom!- Laurie L.
If I ever need help or support again, I know I can always talk to Chris Mayo.- Eric T.
Very happy with the Chris Mayo Firm!- Anne Marie T.
Chris Mayo did a great job with my case.- Richard G.
We're always available for YOU to ensure you receive the care you deserve.
Willing to Fight to the Bitter End
We are committed to fighting for the best possible outcome in your case and are willing to go to trial to prove it.
Chris Mayo was born and raised in San Antonio and has deep roots within the community. He continues to call San Antonio his home
Nationally Recognized & Trustworthy
Chris Mayo is a member of the American Bar Association, American Association for Justice, and Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
Professional & Honest
We put our clients first in everything we do and your case will be no different. Our clients often describe us as professional, honest, and helpful.
When you choose to work with our firm, you are not just a case number or a file to be passed around. We treat every client with the highest level of respect and compassion.