San Antonio Truck Accident Attorney
Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients
Truck accidents, including those involving 18-wheelers, are some of the most devastating motor vehicle accidents—and they happen far more often than most people realize. In San Antonio and throughout Bexar County, traffic is increasing along with the growth of the area. Every year, numerous people are injured or killed in collisions with large commercial trucks transporting goods and materials throughout the area and the entire state. When these accidents happen, many people feel as though they are out of options. However, if someone else was at fault for the accident, even partially, you have the right to seek fair compensation for your injuries and other damages.
The Chris Mayo Law Firm can help you pursue a personal injury claim. Our San Antonio truck accident attorney has over 22 years of legal experience and, over the course of his decades in practice, has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of severely injured victims and the families of those wrongfully killed. He and our entire team are prepared to guide you through the legal process and represent you at every turn.
There is no risk in contacting us for a free consultation; call (210) 899-5440 today to learn more.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Like car crashes and motorcycle wrecks, truck accidents happen due to a variety of factors. While it may seem apparent that the truck driver is to blame—and, in some situations, this may truly be the case—most truck accidents aren’t so simple. Less obvious outside factors may have played a role in the accident, even when the truck driver appeared to have made a mistake or acted recklessly. For example, if a trucking company pressures its drivers to meet unrealistic quotas and turns a blind eye to hours-of-service violations, the company itself may be to blame. If the person responsible for truck maintenance failed to report a problem they noticed during their last routine maintenance check, that person could be liable.
Some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Truck Driver Error: This includes everything from distracted driving, including cell phone use/texting or eating while driving, to failing to yield the right-of-way or not checking blind spots before changing lanes.
- Drunk Driving: Driving under the influence of drugs/alcohol is illegal in Texas; for commercial vehicle drivers, this means having a blood alcohol concentration of .04% or higher. The law is strict due to the devastating impact drunk driving accidents can have, especially when a large truck is involved.
- No-Zone Accidents: “No-zones” are essentially large blind spots caused by the length of large trucks and 18-wheelers. When cars enter these “no-zones” or drive there for extended periods of time, serious accidents can occur.
- Truck Defects/Malfunctions: Improper maintenance can lead to defects not being reported and fixed or equipment malfunctioning. This can include things like defective truck tires or malfunctioning brakes.
- Hours-of-Service Violations: Truck drivers are required to abide by strict hours-of-service rules, meant to stop fatigued driving and keep motorists safe. When truck drivers go over their daily/weekly driving limit, however, fatigue and drowsiness can lead to devastating accidents.
At the Chris Mayo Law Firm, we know how to investigate truck accident claims and determine who is liable for your injuries and damages. We believe that innocent people should not have to pay the price of truck driver and trucking company negligence.
Do You Need a Truck Accident Attorney?
While it’s true that you are technically allowed to pursue compensation on your own, it is not wise to do so. Trucking companies have large legal teams whose sole purpose is to protect the trucking company’s best interests, as well as the best interests of their drivers. In many cases, they will do everything they can to prove that you acted somehow negligently and that you alone are responsible for the accident. You need an attorney on your side who can effectively negotiate with these parties on your behalf. And, if a fair settlement can’t be reached, you need a legal team that can fight for you in trial.
With the Chris Mayo Law Firm, you have just that team. Our firm is committed to fighting for you until the better end; our goal is to get you a better settlement or better verdict than you could on your own or even with another law firm. We do this because we understand the challenges ahead, as well as the long road to recovery you are facing. By helping you obtain fair compensation for your damages, we can better help you move forward with your life.
Contact us online or by phone at (210) 899-5440 for a free consultation with our skilled San Antonio truck accident attorney.
Chris Mayo Law Firm was on top of my case from the very beginning, they took care of everything for me.- Julia A.
Mr. Mayo is a solid professional and is amazing in the courtroom!- Laurie L.
If I ever need help or support again, I know I can always talk to Chris Mayo.- Eric T.
Very happy with the Chris Mayo Firm!- Anne Marie T.
Chris Mayo did a great job with my case.- Richard G.
We're always available for YOU to ensure you receive the care you deserve.
Willing to Fight to the Bitter End
We are committed to fighting for the best possible outcome in your case and are willing to go to trial to prove it.
Chris Mayo was born and raised in San Antonio and has deep roots within the community. He continues to call San Antonio his home
Nationally Recognized & Trustworthy
Chris Mayo is a member of the American Bar Association, American Association for Justice, and Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
Professional & Honest
We put our clients first in everything we do and your case will be no different. Our clients often describe us as professional, honest, and helpful.
When you choose to work with our firm, you are not just a case number or a file to be passed around. We treat every client with the highest level of respect and compassion.