San Antonio Incorrect Surgical Procedure Attorneys
In cases of severe sicknesses and injuries, surgery is often the only option to make a full recovery. While most surgical procedures are performed safely and have a positive outcome, there is always a risk for an incorrect surgical procedure to take place. These incorrect procedures are dangerous, and can cause an illness or injury to become more severe, or even create a new health problem. An added illness or injury due to a negligentful surgeon can leave you with expensive medical bills, lost wages, and a longer recovery time.
At the [firm-name], we believe that these errors should never occur, and you should not have to suffer because of negligent medical care providers. Our team of San Antonio incorrect surgical procedure attorneys has experience fighting for the compensation victims of medical malpractice deserve, and aim to help you return to good health.
Examples of Incorrect Surgical Procedures
Incorrect surgical procedures cover a wide array of errors that can arise before or during an operation. Some examples of such errors include the following:
- Surgery that created new or worsened pre-existing symptoms
- Surgery that was unsuccessful
- Surgery that lead to an operation on the wrong side or area of the body
- Surgery that was not necessary
Examples of Surgeon Negligence
Many incorrect surgical procedures occur due to negligence on behalf of the surgeon or other health care providers assisting in an operation. Some reasons why a doctor may be liable for an unsuccessful surgery include the following:
- Surgeon was under the influence of drugs or alcohol during the operation.
- Surgeon was sleep deprived or overworked at the time of the surgery.
- Surgeon did not have the proper experience or knowledge to perform a particular operation.
- Person acted as a surgeon but was not a licensed doctor.
- Medical staff did not properly record or mark the area to be operated on.
- Proper preparation and sanitation did not take place prior to the surgery.
Any of these mistakes could be made by surgeons or other staff members, such as nurses, helping with your operation. A surgeon should be aware of the risks of surgery and take the necessary precautions to guarantee patient safety. Unfortunately, a negligent surgeon may not follow protocol, leading to negative outcomes.
Effects of Incorrect Surgical Procedures
The effects of incorrect surgical procedures can be devastating physically, emotionally, and financially. Some negative effects of an incorrect surgical procedure include the following:
- Longer time to fully recover
- Failure to treat a medical issue or injury, or worsening it
- Missed work and lost wages
- Unwanted expenses for additional surgeries
Suffering from any of these effects can make your recovery even more difficult, but an experienced attorney can help you receive compensation you may be eligible for.
Call a San Antonio Incorrect Surgical Procedure Attorney Today
Should you or a loved one suffer from the negative effects of an incorrect surgical procedure, get in touch with the [firm-name]. We have years of experience helping victims of surgical mistakes seek compensation for injuries sustained as a result of medical malpractice. Call our team of San Antonio surgical errors attorneys for a free consultation at [phone-number].