San Antonio Personal Injury and Disability Lawyers
When you are injured in an accident or unable to work because of a disability, the effects on your life can be far-reaching. Whether the injury is placing a strain on your job, relationships, health, or financial stability, the San Antonio injury attorneys at the Chris Mayo Law Firm understand what you are going through. If you were injured because of someone else’s negligent or reckless actions, you may be able to receive compensation for your losses.
At the Chris Mayo Law Firm, we have the experience and resources necessary to handle a variety of personal injury and disability cases for individuals in San Antonio and throughout Texas. Do not hesitate to contact us by calling (210) 999-9999, filling out a contact information form, or using the live chat option on our website.
Why Should I Choose the Chris Mayo Law Firm to Handle my Case?
Texas is full of great lawyers, but choosing the attorney best-suited for your individual case can be difficult. Who you choose to represent you can mean the difference between financial stability and walking away with nothing. Here are a few reasons we think the Chris Mayo Law Firm could be the right choice for you:
- Compassionate approach: When you choose to work with our firm, you are not just a number or a set of facts. We treat every client with the highest level of respect and compassion and truly listen to what you have to say.
- “Very professional and honest”: If you look through our testimonials page, you will see many of the same words repeated. Past clients describe us as professional, honest, helpful, and the right choice. We put our clients first in everything we do and your case will be no different.
- Nationally recognized: Our lead attorney, Chris Mayo, is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Bar Association, American Association for Justice, and Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
Whether a disability has left you without an income or the negligence of another party cost you more than you can pay, we are here for you. Contact our San Antonio firm today by calling (210) 999-9999 for more information.
Types of Cases we Handle
The Chris Mayo Law Firm has years of experience helping individuals in San Antonio and across Texas after they are injured in an accident or in need of disability benefits. We realize that every case is unique and we devote significant time to learning the details of your situation. Our lawyers regularly represent individuals in the following personal injury practice areas:
- Auto Accidents: A car accident can have a devastating impact on your life. Paying off medical bills and repairing damage to your vehicle should not be your responsibility if you were not at fault for an accident.
- Wrongful Death: Losing someone you love is tragic in every case, but knowing your loved one’s death was preventable is even worse. You can receive compensation for funeral costs, outstanding debt, and pain and suffering in a wrongful death case.
- Truck Accidents: Truck drivers and trucking companies have a responsibility to honor all safety regulations on the road. If a truck accident caused injuries and severe damage to your vehicle, you have every right to hold the driver accountable for their negligence.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Far too often, drivers fail to watch for motorcyclists while driving. Motorcyclists have every right to occupy roads and should receive compensation when other drivers are reckless and cause accidents.
- Medical Malpractice: We trust doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals with our lives. When their negligence causes more harm than good or requires further procedures, they may be guilty of medical malpractice.
- Nursing Home Abuse: It is a tough choice to leave elderly loved one’s in a nursing home, and you should not have to worry about abuse or neglect when you do. Victims of nursing home abuse are entitled to full compensation for their pain.
- Premises Liability: Property owners are legally required to keep their buildings and land reasonably safe for invited guests. Failure to do so can result in serious injury for which they may be liable.
- Dangerous Products: Unsafe products should never make it onto the market, and manufacturers are accountable when they do. Contact an attorney if a dangerous product caused injuries for you or your loved one.
- Slip and Fall: Businesses, landlords, and other property owners have an obligation to keep pathways, staircases, and other areas free from obstruction. They are responsible when a preventable slip and fall accident occurs on their property.
- Dog Bites: When animals attack, their owners may be responsible for the injuries caused by a bite. Do not hesitate to contact an attorney if you suffered a dog bite or animal attack.
- Head and Spine Injuries: Life-altering injuries to the head or spine are among the most difficult to handle. You should not have to pay for damages caused by another person’s recklessness.
In addition to personal injury cases, we have a strong background handling disability claims. Some of the most common issues in this areas include:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSD/SSDI): When you are no longer able to work because of a disability, you could be eligible for SSDI based on the work credits you have acquired.
- Social Security Disability Claim Filing: Filing a claim with the Social Security Administration (SSA) can be a difficult and overwhelming process. A qualified attorney can help increase the chances of getting your claim approved on the first try.
- Social Security Disability Claim Appeal: The SSA commonly denies SSD benefits to individuals who need them. Our team can help you file an appeal if you were denied the benefits you deserve.
- Social Security Disability/Injury Representation: Even when you have a severe disability or injury, it can take time and resources to prove it to the SSA. Consider hiring a lawyer to help you gather evidence and build your case.
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA): Your pension and health plan can take decades to build. When employers deny you of rights you deserve, it may be necessary to take action against them.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): SSI benefits can go a long way towards helping your family when you need support. A qualified attorney can help you determine if these benefits are right for you.
- Long-term Disability Benefits: A disability that keeps you from working for months at a time can put you in a difficult spot financially. At Chris Mayo Law Firm, we can improve your chances of receiving the aid you need.
- Short-term Disability Benefits: Even if your disability leaves you unable to work for just a few months, you can receive benefits to help you through your period of unemployment.
When an individual is injured in an accident caused by the negligent actions of another party, there is often a wave of repercussions that occur in the aftermath of the accident. The pain and anguish of the accident may last for days, weeks, months, and even years after the incident, but the effects on your job and ability to enjoy life may be irrevocably changed. In addition, there are often unseen victims in the wake of a serious injury or wrongful death accident: the family of the victim.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or worse, killed in a car-accident, 18-wheeler crash, slip-and-fall incident, or any other accident caused by the reckless actions of another person, you owe it to yourself and your family to find the most experienced and compassionate representation available. There is a reason that so many people in San Antonio have turned to Chris Mayo for help. He has the extensive resources, experience, and knowledge to help protect you and your family in your time of greatest need. Don’t leave your case to chance…contact the Chris Mayo Law Firm today.
What Type of Compensation Can I Expect From My Claim?
Many people do not ever file a lawsuit because they assume their case will not be worth anything or that their injuries were not severe enough. In fact, there are a number of different things for which you can receive damages. Regardless of the severity of your case, you may be eligible for compensation related to:
- Medical expenses, including past and future treatment
- Physical and emotional therapy
- Property damage
- Funeral costs, in the case of wrongful death
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of income
- Back payments for wrongfully denied disability
- Legal fees
Restitution for your losses often means the difference between financial stability and struggle. Contact an attorney for more information about your legal options.
Fast Facts on Disability
Many people applying for disability benefits do not know what to expect. Some assume they will never qualify for benefits, and others think the process will be quick and easy. In reality, neither of these assumptions is true. Applying for disability tends to be a protracted process that can take months to complete.
- 90 to 120 days estimated to complete claim
- 70% of initial claims denied by SSA
- $1,171 received on average by SSDI recipients
- 50 to 80% of pre-disability income received by long-term disability recipients
Hiring a lawyer does not guarantee your claim will be approved, but it can certainly help. If you are considering applying for disability benefits, contact a San Antonio disability lawyer as soon as possible.
When you need help with your personal injury or disability case, the attorneys at the Chris Mayo Law Firm are here to help. We have the legal knowledge and experience to handle your case in San Antonio. Contact our firm by calling (210) 999-9999, filling out a contact information sheet, or engaging in a live chat on our website today.